We’ve taken a classic recipe and cheesed it up with an extra large serving of a blend of four Mexican cheeses.
Ingredients for Extremely Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Buffalo Sauce
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
How to Make Extremely Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
First, debone and dice 3 cups of rotisserie chicken. As an alternative to a rotisserie chicken, you could use pre-cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast or thighs that has been cut or shredded. I prefer to use a rotisserie chicken that I purchased at my local grocer because it saves me a ton of time and it is already seasoned for me.
Next, mix a 16 ounce container of sour cream and a Hidden Valley Ranch Dips seasoning packet.
To a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add chicken and your favorite buffalo sauce. We love Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce because it adds just the perfect amount of heat for our family’s liking.
Next, add in the ranch dip.
Add package of cream cheese. We love to use Challenge Cream Cheese because their products are gluten free which is important for our family members who have celiac disease. For a lighter version of cream cheese, you can use whipped cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese.
Next, add two full cups of a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses.
Heat all of your ingredients on a stove top over medium heat while constantly stirring until all of the cheeses melt and all of ingredients have thoroughly combined.
The only thing left to do now is decide if you want to eat this dip while it’s still warm or wait until it has cooled! Our family loves this dip either hot or cold. This is actually very good when served cold and is our go-to for snacking on while on road trips and while camping.
Just serve it with celery sticks, with crackers, or spread it onto your favorite bread.
If you enjoyed this Extremely Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip, then you’ll love some of our other favorite chicken recipes!
Extremely Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Gather all ingredients.
- Debone and dice 3 cups of rotisserie chicken.
- Mix sour cream and ranch dip seasoning packet.
- To a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Add ranch dip.
- Add package of cream cheese.
- Add shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Heat on stove top over medium heat while constantly stirring until cheeses melt and all ingredients have thoroughly combined.
- Serve with crackers or celery sticks.