Question: What do you do when you’re craving Mexican food, but have young kids who won’t sit still at the restaurant? Answer: You just make my own! 🤣
Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken is an easy dish that cooks up fast on your stove top or even faster in a pressure cooker.
Question: What’s even better than a quick and easy Mexican dinner? Answer: This perfect Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken dinner when you’re on a tight budget!
How to Make Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken
Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
For pico mix:
1/2 cup of onions
1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of cilantro
1/4 cup of diced jalapeño
1 tbs chopped green onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs lime juice
- Place chicken in your pressure cooker and add half a cup of water.
- Top the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add a quarter of the pico mixture on top of the chicken that’s sitting in the pressure cooker and cook on the poultry setting for 9 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add half of the remaining pico mixture to a skillet.
- Then add 1 oz of tequila – any brand of choice – and sauté on low for 5 mins.
*Avoiding alcohol? Substitute 1 ounce of chicken broth for the tequila in this recipe.
How to Serve with Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken
When the chicken is done, top with the remaining pico mixture and your desired amount of shredded cheese.
Serve with borracho black beans and rice.
If you enjoyed this Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken, then you’ll love some of our other favorite chicken dinner recipes!
Cheesy Pico Tequila Chicken (Pressure Cooker!)
- 1 Pressure cooker
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup diced jalapeño
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 oz tequila
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup water
- Place chicken in the pressure cooker and add a ½ cup of water.
- Top chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add a sprinkle of pico mix on top.
- Cook on poultry setting for 9 mins.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the pico de gallo mix and 1 oz of your tequila of choice to a skillet.
- Sauté the pico de gallo mix and tequila on low for 5 mins.
- When the chicken is done, top with the pico de gallo mix and add desired amount of cheese.